Your memories are precious and need to be protected. If you or someone you know has trouble remembering things, the services available at a memory clinic can help. The neurologists at Winchester Neurological Consultants in Winchester, VA, provide a wide range of neurological services, including a memory clinic, for treatment of memory issues.
What You Need To Know About a Memory Clinic
The Memory Clinic at Winchester Neurological Consultants is a memory-focused facility staffed by experts in behavioral and cognitive neurology, and neuropsychiatry. The memory clinic can help with cognitive and memory difficulties resulting from dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, and other conditions.
The highly skilled specialists at the memory clinic diagnose the underlying cause of memory issues. Some of the causes of memory issues treated result from:
- Medical conditions
- Effects of medications
- Sleep disorders
- Mood disorders
- Neurological diseases
You can benefit from memory clinic services if you are experiencing:
- Short term memory loss
- Losing important items
- Forgetting to pay bills
- Problems with everyday activities like cooking
- Forgetting about appointments
- Wandering and forgetting locations
To aid in diagnosis, a specialist at the memory clinic may:
- Perform a comprehensive physical examination to check for any underlying condition which might be causing memory difficulties
- Record a complete medical history, including a family history of physical, neurological, or memory issues
- Perform neurological and cognitive testing, including balance assessment, testing reflexes, and evaluating sensory responses
- Order and evaluate results of laboratory testing including blood tests to check for abnormalities which may be causing memory issues
- Order and evaluate imaging studies, including CT, MRI, and PET scans to check for tumors and other issues which may be affecting the brain.
Memory loss can be scary. You need the care of experts in a facility dedicated to memory care. You need a memory clinic.
Want To Know More?
To discover more about services available at a memory clinic and how they can help you or someone you know, call the neurologists of Winchester Neurological Consultants in Winchester, VA, at (540) 667-1828. Call today.