How your neurologists in the Memory Care Clinic in Winchester, VA, can help with memory loss
Are you having trouble remembering to do important tasks? Do you get lost while driving a route you’ve driven many times before? It’s normal to forget things once in a while, but if you are continually forgetting things or losing items, it could be a sign of a more serious condition. You should be evaluated by a neurologist.
The neurologists at Winchester Neurological Consultants in Winchester, VA, provide comprehensive neurological services, including treatment for memory loss.
At the Memory Care Clinic of Winchester Neurological Consultants, your neurologist can help with memory concerns, and the first step is a thorough evaluation.
Your doctor will perform a comprehensive examination and find the cause of your memory problems. Memory issues can be caused by a number of things, which include:
- Side effects of medications
- An underlying medical condition
- Sleep and mood disorders
- Neurological complications
Your neurological examination may consist of:
- Imaging studies, including an MRI, a CT scan, or a PET scan
- Cognitive and neurological testing, including reflexes, balance, and sensory response
- A sleep study and screening for mood disorders
- Laboratory testing of blood and body fluids to check for imbalances that could cause memory issues
Memory issues could be an early sign of Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. You should contact your neurologist if you are experiencing any of these signs and symptoms:
- Short term memory loss
- Losing important papers or other items
- Forgetting to pay bills or go to appointments
- Problems performing everyday tasks like cooking and cleaning
- Going out and forgetting how to get to your location
Your memory is precious and needs to be protected. Your neurologist can help by providing a variety of treatments for memory issues including:
- Medication to help improve memory
- Memory and focus exercises to help your brain function
- Lifestyle modification to help you cope with memory issues
To find out more about the diagnosis, management, and treatment of dementia, talk with the experts. Call the neurologists of Winchester Neurological Consultants in Winchester, VA, at (540) 667-1828. Call now.