Posts for tag: Neurocognitive Testing
Struggling with school or the inability to understand what your loved one is saying can be difficult. Knowing your unique strengths is key to developing great relationships and becoming more productive overall. The team at Winchester Neurological Consultants in Winchester, VA, offers neurocognitive testing and therapy to help you develop your brain skills.
Understanding Neurocognitive Testing
Neurocognitive testing is a non-invasive approach that seeks to find any gaps in mental acuity, alertness, concentration, response, and other metrics.
This kind of testing tests how well your brain is working and to figure out which areas may need support and strengthening.
Some of the reasons why you may need neurocognitive testing are:
- Brain fog -- the ability to focus on a specific topic or task for a long time.
- Memory retention -- although some memory loss is associated with aging, rapid long term memory loss or the ability to recall things from your short term memory may be a cause for concern.
- Mood swings and erratic behavioral responses -- trauma to the brain, changes in biochemistry, and other factors measured with various testing instruments.
- Sudden changes in normal functioning -- maybe counting has become more difficult or reading for comprehension is now more challenging.
- Assess mental development and learning ability
Benefits of Neurocognitive Testing
Medical professionals have been practicing neurocognitive testing long enough to establish a history of accuracy. This accuracy means there is less need for the patient to be exposed to radiation via brain scans and invasive surgery to observe a patient’s brain functioning. It is also often less time consuming, as well.
Examples of Neurocognitive Tests
- Stroop Test
- AB Test
- Flanker Test
Interested in finding out more on how to develop your brain ability? Contact Winchester Neurological Consultants in Winchester, VA, at (540) 667-1828 to schedule an appointment and get more information on neurocognitive testing.