- Director of Concussion Clinic, Memory Care Clinic, and Movement Disorders Clinic at Winchester Neurological Consultants
- Medical Director of Neurosciences, Winchester Medical Center 2010-2015
- Concussion Clinic
- General Neurology
- Memory Clinic
- Movement Disorder Clinic
Clinical Research Studies/Clinical Interests:
- Concussion Care/Traumatic Brain Injury
- Memory Care
- Movement Disorders (Parkinson’s Disease, Essential Tremor)
Education and Training:
- Doctorate of Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Internship: Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida
- Residency in Neurology: Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Florida
- Fellowship in Behavioral Neurology: University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA
- Credentialed ImPACT Consultant: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology: Neurology
- United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties: Behavioral and Cognitive Neurology
- United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties: Neuroimaging
- Licensed Physician, State of Virginia
Professional Committees/Society Memberships:
- American Academy of Neurology
- Society for Behavioral and Cognitive Neurology
- Sports Medicine Section of the American Academy of Neurology
- Neuroimaging Section of the American Academy of Neurology
- American Medical Association
- Virginia Neurological Society
University of Pittsburgh Department of Neurology/ Neural Processes in Cognition
- "Language Processing in Aphasia: A Focus on Stimulus Presentation Rate" Presented at “Neural Processes in Cognition” Program, 1994.
Washington and Lee University Department of Psychology
- Honors Thesis: "The effect of task demands and attention on olfactory processing" Presented at Virginia Academy of Science, 1995.
Mayo Clinic Jacksonville
- Fowler MV, Capobianco DJ, Dodick DW. Headache in the elderly. Seminars in Pain Management 2(2): 123-128, 2004.
- Sub-Investigator, Abciximab in Emergent Stroke Treatment Trial, (AbESTT-II), 2004-2006. Capobianco DJ, Rubino FA, Fowler MV, Freeman WD, Hentschel K, Barrett K, Bodkin C, Blitshteyn S, Hobbs H, Nolte C, Palmer S. Engaging residents in Developing multiple choice questions: Results of a pilot project. Abstract presented at ACGME meeting March 2005.
- Fowler MV, Putzke JD, Uitti RJ, Kertesz A, Wszolek ZW. Frontal behavioral dysfunction sex disparity in the PPND family (FTPP-17, N279K tau mutation). Poster presentation. 16th International Congress on Parkinson’s Disease and Related Disorders June 7, 2005.
University of Virginia Department of Neurology
- Fowler MV, Geldmacher D. Rehabilitation of Retrosplenial Amnesia: Preserved insight as Diagnostic and Therapeutic Tool. (Poster 21). Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 87(10): e15-e15, 2006.
- Swerdlow RH, Milller BB, Lopes MBS, Mandell JW, Wooten GF, Damgaard P, Manning C, Fowler M, Brashear HR. Autosomal dominant subcortical gliosis presenting as Frontotemporal dementia. Neurology. Jan 2009, 72:260-267.
Winchester Neurological Consultants
- Sub-Investigator, NEST-2 Trial. 2007. Sub-Investigator, NEST-3 Trial, 2011.
- PRISM II Trial, Co-Investigator, 2013. CLOTBUST- ER, Sub-Investigator, 2013.