Patrick M. Capone, M.D., Ph.D.
- Director, Winchester Neuroimaging Fellowship, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia
- Adjunct Professor, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia
- Winchester Neurological Consultants, Inc., Neuroimaging Private Practice
- Medical Staff Privileges, Winchester Medical Center, Winchester, Virginia
Clinical Research Studies/Clinical Interests:
- Co-Investigator, Clot Bust Acute Stroke Trial – in progress
- Principal Investigator, DIAS 4 Acute Stroke Trial
- Principal Investigator, NEST 2 Acute Stroke Trial
- Principal Investigator, DIAS 2 Acute Stroke Trial
- Principal Investigator, BRAVO Trial, SmithKline Beecham.
- Principal Investigator, "Gain America" Acute Stroke Trial, Glaxo - Wellcome.
- Coinvestigator, Cerestat, Boehringer Ingelheim.
- Coinvestigator, Tissue Plasminogen Activator Acute Stroke Trial, NIH.
- Co investigator, Tirelazad Trial, Upjohn.
- Co investigator, Nimodipine Trial.
Education and Training:
- M.D., Cum Laude - School of Medicine, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Ph.D. in Experimental Pathology - Graduate School, State University of New York at Buffalo, Roswell Park Division
- Neuroimaging Fellow, Dent Neurologic Institute, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Diagnostic Immunology, Roswell Park Memorial Institute, Buffalo, New York.
- Predoctoral Research Fellow, Diagnostic Immunology, Roswell Park Memorial Institute, Buffalo, New York
- Cancer Research Scientist, Diagnostic Immunology, Roswell Park Memorial Institute, Buffalo, New York
- Chief Resident, Department of Neurology, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Resident Physician, Department of Neurology, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Resident Physician, Department of Psychiatry, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Resident Physician, Department of Pathology, University of Vermont, Burlington
- United Council for Neurological Subspecialties, Certification in Neuroimaging
- American Society of Neuroimaging Certification
- Diplomat, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Diplomat, National Board of Medical Examiners
- Licensed Physician, State of Virginia
- Licensed Physician, State of New York
Professional Committees/Society Memberships:
- American Society of Neuroimaging, Board of Directors
- United Counsel on Neurologic Subspecialties, Examination Committee
- American Academy of Neurology Residency Examination Subcommittee
- American Society of Neuroimaging, Education & Fellowship Committee
- American Society of Neuroimaging, Certification Examination Committee
- Alpha Omega Alpha, National Medical Honor Society
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Society of Neuroimaging
- Virginia Neurological Society
- Masters Thesis: Analysis of the Packing and Polyiodides in Unidimensional Solid Conductor. State University of New York at Buffalo, l980.
- Doctoral Thesis: Passive Immunotherapy of Human Breast Tumors with Monoclonal Antibodies. State University of New York at Buffalo, l983.
- Capone, P.M., Papsidero, L.D., Croghan, G.A., Chu, T.M. Experimental Tumoricidal Effects of Monoclonal Antibodies Against Solid Breast Tumors. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. l983; 80: 7328-7332.
- Capone, P.M., Papsidero, L.D., Chu, T.M. Relationship Between Antigen Density and Immunotherapeutic Response Elicited by Monoclonal Antibodies Against Solid Tumors. J. Natl. Ca. Inst. l984; 72: 673 - 677.
- Papsidero, L.D., Croghan, G.A., Capone, P.M., Johnson, E.A. Ductal Carcinoma Antigen: Characteristics, Tissue Distribution and Capacity to Represent a Target for Monoclonal Antibody Therapy. In: Monoclonal Antibodies and Breast Cancer. Edited by Ceriani, R.L., Martinus Nij-hoff Publishing, Boston, 293-302, l985.
- Capone, P.M., Bergmann, C.A., Papsidero, L.D., Chu, T.M. Assessment of Tumor Associated Antibodies in Immunotherapy in a Syngeneic Model. In: Human Tumor Markers. Edited by Cimino, Birkmayer, Klavins, Pimentel and Salvatore; Walter de Gruyter and Co., New York, 435-447, l987.
- Capone, P.M., Kadohana, N., Chu, T.M. Immunotherapy in a Spontaneously Developed Murine Mammary Carcinoma with Syngeneic Monoclonal Antibody. Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy. l987; 25:93-99.
- Capone, P.M., Cohen, M.E. Seizure and Cerebritis Associated with the Administration of OKT3, A Case Report. Pediatric Neurology. l99l; 7:299-301
- Weymann, K.A., Capone, P.M., Kinkel, P.R., Kinkel, W.R. Synovial Cyst of the Upper Cervical Spine: MRI with Gadolinium. Neurology. l993; 2151-2152.
- Capone, P.M., Metchtler, L.L., Bates, V.E., Kanna, A., Kinkel, P.R. Multiple Giant Intracranial Aneurysms Associated with Lymphamtoid Granulomatosis; An MR Imaging and MR Angiographic Study. J. Neuroimaging. l994; 4:l09-lll.
- Potts, Eric E.; Capone, Patrick M. Neuroimaging of the Spine. Continuum: Lifelong Learning in Neurology. August 2008, Vol. 14, Issue 4. Pages 188-207.
- Capone P.M., Scheller J.M., Neuroimaging of Infectious Disease. Neurol Clin. 2014, February; 32(1): 127-45.
- Belinda Oyinkan Marquis, Patrick M. Capone. Neurological Syndromes of the Adult: When and How to Image Myelopathy. Masdeu and Gonzalez: Neuroimaging Part II, Handbook of Clinical Neurology. (submitted).