J. Craig Henry, MD
- Neurologist, Epileptologist (Epilepsy doctor), Clinical Neurophysiologist at Winchester Neurological Consultants
- Co-Chair of the Neuroscience Center of Excellence, Winchester Medical Center 2014-current
- President, Winchester Neurological Consultants, Inc.
Clinical Research Studies/Clinical Interests:
- Epilepsy diagnosis and treatment (all ages)
- Epilepsy Surgery
- Evaluation of seizure-like spells
- Seizures and Epilepsy in older adults
- Intensive Care Unit EEG monitoring
Education and Training:
- Doctorate of Medicine, University at Buffalo SUNY School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
- Internal Medicine Internship, University of Rochester Department of Medicine
- Neurology Residency, University of Rochester Department of Neurology
- Epilepsy Fellowship, University of Rochester Department of Neurology
- Neurophysiology Fellowship, University of Rochester Department of Neurology
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Added Qualifications in Clinical Neurophysiology
- American Board of Clinical Neurophysiology, Central Clinical Neurophysiology with added competency in Epilepsy Monitoring
- Licensed Physician, State of Virginia
Professional Committees/Society Memberships:
- American Epilepsy Society
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Clinical Neurophysiology Society
PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL ARTICLES
- Byrne NP; Henry JC; Herrmann DN; Abdelhalim AN; Shrier DA; Francis CW; Powers JM. "Neuropathologic findings in a Guillain-Barré patient with strokes after IVIg therapy." Neurology. 2002;59(3):458-61.
- Heatwole CR; Berg MJ; Henry JC; Hallman JL. "Extreme spindles: a distinctive EEG pattern in Mycoplasma pneumoniae encephalitis." Neurology. 2005;64(6):1096-7.
- Henry JC; Holloway R. "Review: lorazepam provides the best control for status epilepticus." Evidence-based medicine. 2006;11(2):54.
- Liu L; Henry JC. "New-onset partial epilepsy in adults." Current treatment options in neurology. 2009;11(4):242-52.
- Johnson N; Henry C; Fessler AJ; Dalmau J. "Anti-NMDA receptor encephalitis causing prolonged nonconvulsive status epilepticus." Neurology. 2010;75(16):1480-2.
- Wychowski T, Wang H, Buniak L, Henry JC, Mohile N. Considerations in prophylaxis for tumor-associated epilepsy: prevention of status epilepticus and tolerability of newer AEDs. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2013;115(11):2365-9.
BOOKS AND CHAPTERS
- J. Craig Henry and Robert A. Gross. "Epilepsy". Principles of Drug Therapy in Neurology. Michael V. Johnston and Robert A. Gross. New York: Oxford University Press, 2008. 75-151.
- Book Review -- Electroencephalography: Basic Principles, Clinical Applications, and Related Fields, Fifth Edition. Neurology 2006;67:2092 | 12/12/200
- Editorial – “Solving the Dilemma of EEG misinterpretation” (with John W. Miller ED) for Neurology Supplement “How not to read an EEG) 2013;80:13-14
- Commentary – “Be careful what you ask when interviewing patients with epilepsy” Invited commentary on Seneviratne U et al, Focal seizure symptoms in idiopathic generalized epilepsies. Neurology 2015;85:589–595
- A. James Fessler, J. Henry, L. Liu and J. Langfitt . Psychiatric Disease in Adults with Occipital Epilepsy: Role of Complex Partial Semiology. (Abst. 3.256) American Epilepsy Society, December 2010. | December 2010
- Henry JC. Video-EEG Monitoring of New-onset "Elder Spells." Epilepsia 2008:49(suppl 7);41-42 | 10/24/2008
- Henry JC, Berg MJ. Coincidental MRI Changes in Temporal Parietal Occipital Cortex and the Ipsilateral Pulvinar Associated with Partial Status Epilepticus. Epilepsia 2004:45: (Supp7) 299-300 | December 2004
- Henry JC, Wong EH, Kwan JY, Pullicino PM: Cerebral Infarction with Carotid Artery Occlusion. Neurology. 1999; Vol. 52, No. 6, Suppl 2, p. A242 | 04/17/1999